Amman, Jordan 22-24 April 2015
The First International Conference on the Transformation of the Urban Character of Arab Cities since the late last century organized and co-hosted by Birmingham City University in UK, and the German Jordanian University in Jordan. The conference will take place in Amman/Jordan from 22th April to 24th April 2015.
The conference focuses on the transformation of urban character of Arab Cities since the late last century. It is the premiere forum to discuss the influence of the western modernist and global capitalism on city planning, urban design, architecture, urban landscape, and urban regeneration and how these factors have been transforming the traditional urban landscape of Arab cities. The conference encourages trans-disciplinary approaches from disciplines such as urban design and planning, urban geography, urban sociology, and urban history.
The conference invites papers on the following subject areas:
- Modernity and tradition: Approaches and practices in urban design; comparative analysis of contemporary and traditional approaches.
- Capitalism and modernism: the changing character of urban spaces
- The Social dimension of urban design: responsive and inclusive public spaces
- Urban identity and social sustainability of the city
- The political and sociocultural dimensions of regeneration projects
- Other related subjects in Architecture and built environment
Abstracts should be submitted electronically as email attachments before 01/02/2015 to the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Professor Mohsen Aboutorabi, Director of Research Study, Birmingham School of Architecture, Birmingham City University, UK
- Professor Richard Coles, Director of Centre for Design and the Creative Industries, Birmingham City University, UK.
- Professor Peter Larkham, Professor of Planning, Birmingham School of the Built Environment, Birmingham City University, UK.
- Dr Lawrence Green, Director of Research: Art and Design, Birmingham City University, UK.
- Dr Rami Daher, Associate Professor, School of Architecture and built environment, GJU, Jordan.
- Dr Farouk Yaghmour, Industrial Professor, School of Architecture and built environment, GJU, Jordan.
- Dr Janset Shawash, Assistant Professor, School of Architecture and built environment, GJU, Jordan.
- Leen Fakhouri, Industrial Professor, School of Architecture and built environment, GJU, Jordan.
CALL FOR SPONSORSHIP
The conference offers a unique opportunity for Local and International organizations from public and private sectors to introduce their latest products, achievements and projects, gain feedback and establish collaborative relationships with an international audience and business leaders in the architecture, urban planning, urban design, and urban landscaping field. The organisation's logo will be included in all publications, and a standard exhibit booth will be offered for sponsors. We sincerely look forward to your participation and support. For more information contact: email@example.com