The Magdeburg-Stendal University of Applied Sciences is granting scholarships annually for the most meritorious B.A. Translation students out of funds provided by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). The scholarships are granted per year, and may be extended each subsequent year of the studies under the condition that the performance of the scholarship holders stays consistently above average (GPA above 80%) and that funds provided by the DAAD remain available.
Pre-Requisites and Application Requirements
In general, students who apply for studying in the B.A. Translation Program can also apply for a scholarship (minimum school GPA 70%). Applicants should hand in the following documents in one PDF file only via email:
- Application form
- Copy of passport (or ID)
- Certified copy of secondary school certificate (tawjihi or equivalent)
- Letter of motivation in English
The best applicants are selected for a scholarship based on the school GPA, the motivation letter, an interview and an English/Arabic proficiency test.
The SurPlace-scholarships comprise of
· a lump sum (2500 Euro per year) that covers part of the study fees at the GJU (for the study fees please see: http://www.gju.edu.jo/content/tuition-fees-8319 )
German Year Scholarships
Like all GJU students the BA Translation students spend their fourth year in Germany (academic semester and internship). For this German Year specific scholarships are available for BA Translation students, which comprise of
- a monthly allowance that approximately covers the costs of living (there are no major study fees in Germany)
- a travel allowance for the trip to Germany
The German Year scholarships are distributed among the most meritorious Translation students based on the GPA (at the end of the third academic year) and the availability of funds.
Next Call for Applications June 2021