GJU Library was inaugurated in 2005 with approximately 10000 books. Since then the library has continuously increased its collections to more than 40, 000 items, comprising of books, journals, magazines, multimedia, and audio-visual materials.
Library operations are computerized using an integrated library automation system called Horizon. The system allows for speedy and convenient access to library catalogue inside and outside the GJU campus. In addition to providing access to bibliographic database, the library subscribes to specialized databases and uses the Library of Congress Classification (LCC) system to manage collections.
- To be an excellent knowledge and information resource center contributing to the innovations and creativities.
- To provide knowledge and information resources, services and facilities that support learning, teaching, and research activities.
Goals and Objectives
- To develop and maintain an understanding of the Library users and their information needs, and to respond to them appropriately.
- To develop a variety of information resources, services, facilities and provide easy access to them.
- To collaborate, affiliate and cooperate with organizations worldwide to share resources, and enhance services.
- The Library collection development is based on users’ information needs
- The library provides appropriate resources and services to support learning, teaching, and research activities.
- The library facilitates access to print and electronic resources
- The library expands its resources and services through partnership with other libraries.
- Faculty members and students are satisfied with library resources and services.