The mission of the Deanship of Scientific Research (DSR) is to support the growth and excellence of research at GJU with the vision of becoming a reputable national and international research institute. To this end, DSR:
- Identify, support, and reward excellence in scientific research and applied sciences.
- Build and strengthen national and international research communities and networks.
- Increase research impact through dissemination, industry outreach, and technology transfer.
- Develop partnerships with research sponsors and potential local and external funding agencies.
The Deanship of Scientific Research is responsible for the following tasks at GJU:
- Initiate, fund, and manage research projects at GJU.
- Encourage research projects submitted to local/foreign funding agencies.
- Encourage industry and companies to support faculty research projects.
- Build research capacity, prepare an encouraging research environment, and enable research support services.
- Fund student research in terms of graduation projects in undergraduate programs and master thesis in postgraduate programs.
- Fund the dissemination of research through publication incentives.
- Support faculty participation in national and international reputable conferences.
- Make research resources such as scientific databases available to researchers.
- Support faculty sabbatical leaves spent at reputable research institutions.
- Support online subscription for international journals.