The objective of this section is to introduce GJU educators to the platforms, tools, teaching scenarios, and exam types that are officially supported by GJU to deliver e-learning related content.
The supported platforms and tools are:
- Video conferencing/recording, chat, whiteboard, and screen-sharing platforms: Microsoft Teams and Skype for business.
- Video streaming and archiving platforms: Microsoft Stream and YouTube.
- File storage, access, and sharing platform: OneDrive.
- Learning management systems: MyGJU and Moodle.
- Authoring tools: Microsoft Office 365 tools such as: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote, and Whiteboard.
- Email: Microsoft Outlook.
The suggested teaching scenarios are:
- Streaming and recording a live interactive lecture and then uploading it to Stream.
- Recording a lecture offline and then uploading it to Stream.
- Recording a lecture that requires handwriting offline with a webcam.
- Interactive chat scenarios with students.
The common online exam types are:
- Oral exams, which can be conducted using MS Teams and Skype for Business.
- Typewritten or handwritten exams that require exchanging electronic documents (e.g., pdf, word, etc.), which can be done using MS Teams and Moodle.
- Electronic exams with multiple choice, true/false, fill in the blank, and/or essay questions, which can be prepared using Moodle and MS Forms.