Students' application call for Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility Program ICM
Last updated: 02.09.2020
Erasmus+ is the European Union’s (EU) funding program for education and training between 2014 and 2020. The Erasmus+ Program builds on the achievements of 30 years of European programs in the fields of education, training and youth.
German Jordanian University has successfully been established several partnerships with distinguished universities all over Europe under Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility ICM. It encourages the student to study and work and promotes trans-national co-operation projects among universities across Europe countries.
The Erasmus+ program provides GJU students with the opportunity to spend one semester at one of our partner universities. The program supports mobile students with a monthly scholarship that covers living expenses for about 5 months as well as travel allowance, More details about what you can expect from your home University and the receiving University at each step of your mobility, and rights and obligations as an ERASMUS students you will find in the Erasmus Student Charter.
Who can apply?
For the German Program:
- All GJU undergraduate students who will do the study part of the German Year during the Summer/Spring term 2021 can apply to participate in Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility for the German Program.
For the European Program:
- All GJU students who will be completed their third full semesters by the start of the mobility at the Summer/Spring term 2021 can apply to participate in Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility.
Unfortunately, there are no seats available at our European (non-German) Erasmus partner Universities for the German Jordanian University students this semester.
- Students are required/asked to search the ERASMUS+ Partner Universities list for suitable universities that offer mobility programs for their major.
- Students are responsible to find English taught courses (for the non-German partner Universities) that match their study plan and will be recognized after their return to GJU.
- For the courses recognition, students are asked to contact their exchange coordinators/officers at their schools to discuss the recognition and the equivalency of the potential courses abroad.
- GJU requests their students to have a workload of a minimum of 18 ECTS for their ERASMUS+ semester abroad unless the partner university has other workload requirement which should be considered.
How to apply?
The first step to applying is finding the perfect partner Universities that offer courses matches your major and your study plan. Under Partner Universities, you can browse through all the Partner University Mobility offers for the Summer/Spring 2021. You can apply for up to two Universities that offer courses in your major.
All partner universities require proficiency in English
The application needs to include the following documents
- Application form
- Transcript of Record (unofficial one is also accepted)
- Updated CV
- Letter of intent in English – the letter should state:
- · What do you wish to gain from a semester abroad?
- · How do you intend to share what you have learned once you are back in your community?
The application form has to be filled digitally. Assistance on how to fill in PDF file digitally can be found here
Applicants should hand in the required documents in a ONE PDF file only online through Microsoft form
Erasmus+ Scoring Criteria
There are four criteria on which the students are assessed on; each criterion is weighed on a different level. There are also two aspects set by the assessment center that will play a role in students’ ranking; the Formal Aspect (application documents) and the performance of the students during the meeting at the assessment center. A scholarship committee will review the students documents and rate their performance at the assessment center meeting in order to find suitable candidates at each stage. The weights/points assigned to each criterion are defined and approved by the IO and the presidency. The below table describes each criterion in details;
|Erasmus+ Scoring Criteria||Points /Weight (from Total Estimation)|
|Performance during the meeting at the assessment center||
The eligible applicants must belong to the top 30% of their cohort at each major based on their academic merits in order to be considered for the further scholarship process unless there are fewer applicants than required (in ratio to the available seats). All applicant who met this criterion will be assessed based on their submitted application. Suitable candidates will be invited to an interview with GJU selection committee. The results will be communicated to the candidates in due time via GJU email.
Be sure to submit your complete application before Tuesday, 15th September 2020, 11:00 AM. Applications after the deadline will not be accepted. Incomplete applications will not be considered . Suitable candidates will be receiving an invitation E-mail to the Assessment center meeting between 20th – 21st September 2020. The interviews are scheduled to take place at the time between the 24th and 27th of September 2020 at the International office. The results will be communicated to the candidates in due time.
If you need feedback on your application or you are not satisfied with the result, kindly refer to the International Office Students' Complaint Policy section.
For questions regarding the Erasmus+ program or further inquiries please refer to the following contact person at the International Office for assistance:
Ms. Lisa Krimphove
Building B, Office 117