Students' application call for Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility Program ICM
Winter 2021/2022 is closed.
Last updated: 02.03.2021
Erasmus+ is the European Union’s (EU) funding program for education and training between 2014 and 2020. The Erasmus+ Program builds on the achievements of 30 years of European programs in the fields of education, training, and youth.
German Jordanian University has successfully been established several partnerships with distinguished universities all over Europe under Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility ICM. It encourages the student to study and work and promotes trans-national co-operation projects among universities across European countries.
The Erasmus+ program provides GJU students with the opportunity to spend one semester at one of our partner universities. The program supports mobile students with a monthly scholarship that covers living expenses for about 5 months as well as travel allowance, More details about what you can expect from your home University and the receiving University at each step of your mobility, and rights and obligations as ERASMUS students you will find in the Erasmus Student Charter.
Who can apply?
For the German Program:
- All GJU undergraduate students who will do the study part of the German Year during the winter term 21/22 can apply to participate in Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility for the German Program.
For the European Program:
- All GJU students who will be completed their third full semesters by the start of the mobility at the winter term 21/22 can apply to participate in Erasmus+ International Credit Mobility.
- Students are required/asked to search the ERASMUS+ Partner Universities list for suitable universities that offer mobility programs for their major.
- Students are responsible to find English taught courses (for the non-German partner Universities) that match their study plan and will be recognized after their return to GJU.
- For the courses recognition, students are asked to contact their exchange coordinators/officers at their schools to discuss the recognition and the equivalency of the potential courses abroad.
- GJU requests their students to have a workload of a minimum of 18 ECTS for their ERASMUS+ semester abroad unless the partner university has other workload requirement which should be considered.
How to apply?
The first step to applying is finding the perfect partner Universities that offer courses matches your major and your study plan. Under Partner Universities you can browse through all the Partner University Mobility offers for the winter term 21/22. You can apply for up to two Universities that offer courses in your major.
All partner universities require proficiency in English.
The application needs to include the following documents:
- Application Form (Microsoft form)
- Transcript of Record
- Updated CV
- Language Certificate (optional)
- Letter of intent in English – the letter should state:
- · What do you wish to gain from a semester abroad?
- · How do you intend to share what you have learned once you are back in your community?
You apply through the above mentioned Microsoft form and upload all your documents there.
Please fill in the requested questions carefully and upload the required documents in PDF format.
Erasmus+ Scoring Criteria
There are four criteria on which the students are assessed on; each criterion is weighed on a different level. There are also two aspects set by the assessment center that will play a role in students’ ranking; the Formal Aspect (application documents) and the performance of the students during the meeting at the assessment center. A scholarship committee will review the students documents and rate their performance at the assessment center meeting in order to find suitable candidates at each stage. The weights/points assigned to each criterion are defined and approved by the IO and the presidency. The below table describes each criterion in details;
|Erasmus+ Scoring Criteria||Points /Weight (from Total Estimation)|
|Performance during the meeting at the assessment center||
After the deadline has passed, your application will undergo a selection procedure. Suitable candidates who belong to the top academic ranking in their cohort at each major (top of 25%) will be invited to a meeting with GJU Assessment Committee unless there are fewer applicants than required (in ration to the available seats). The results will be communicated to the candidates in due time via GJU email.
If you need feedback on your application or you are not satisfied with the result, kindly refer to the International Office Students' Complaint Policy section.
Be sure to submit your completed application before Friday, February 26, 2021, at 11:00 pm. Applications after the deadline will not be accepted. Suitable candidates will be receiving an invitation e-mail to the Assessment center (for German Universities) latest March 1st. The interviews for German seats are scheduled for the first week of March and for European seats for the second week of March. Invitations for the second week of March will be sent lastest 7th of March.
Please note: Once you accepted your German ERASMUS+ seat, it is not possible to be considered for the general German Year allocation!
For questions regarding the Erasmus+ program or further inquiries please refer to the following contact person at the International Office for assistance:
Ms. Lisa Krimphove
Building B, Office 117