GJU students spend a year in Germany as part of their Bachelor degree. During this year, they take “Technical Elective” courses for one semester at one of our German partner universities. After that, they train in German industry for 20 weeks. Upon the students' return to Jordan, they transfer their German courses to GJU credit hours and have their practical training approved. This page is intended to provide useful information for students about to start their year in Germany and those who are there now.
A list of German partner universities can be found in the "Partner Universities" page.
Requirements for going to Germany
In order to travel to Germany, Energy engineering students must fulfil the following requirements:
- A GPA above 61% at application time and at least 60% upon departure to Germany.
- Completed 90 credit hours (excluding: German language courses & summer credits for September outgoings)
- Completed the 4-week (160 Hour) field training in Jordan
- Passed German 6
- Passed at least two parts of German test B1.
- you can find German Year prerequisites here.
- Regulations and forms for Study Semester
- Regulations for Internship
- Regulations for Graduation Projects
You may follow the GJU Outgoings Index group on Facebook
- Dr. Laith Shlalfeh, Exchange Coordinator
- Extension: 4247
- Email: Exch.coordinate.ENE@gju.edu.jo or Exchange.officer.ENE@gju.edu.jo