Flying Faculty Program at GJU
What is the Flying Faculty Program?
The FF program was established to enhance the exchange of expertise between GJU and its German partner universities. The program supports professors/lecturers especially from the partner universities to teach specific courses at GJU that add value and expertise to the regular curriculum offered by the faculties. The FF program also includes potential lectures form industrial partners, in order to enhance the relevance of the applied science teaching, and to further the cooperation between faculties and industry.
The total number of Fly-In Professors that can be supported will depend on budget availability – a fair distribution of FF among the GJU schools and departments is attempted. The program can be carried out online for the Flying Faculty Program 2021 (details will be decided upon individually).
The program offers
The Project Office at the University of Applied Sciences Magdeburg-Stendal covers:
- A honorarium payment of 29 Euro per 50 min lesson
- Travel costs including round-trip airline ticket (economy class), train ticket to and from the airport in Germany, visa cost in Jordan of 40 JOD as well as taxi costs from and to Amman airport of up to 30 JOD for each way (with a valid receipt)
- Per diem of 80 JOD for the days (only) the professor/lecturer is teaching at GJU. The per diem is not paid for travel days. Weekend days are covered if they are followed by a workday. The per diem is intended to cover the costs for accommodation, living expenses, and commuting costs to and from campus in Jordan. The amount will be transferred to the visitors' account after her/his stay (Subject to 7% tax and transfer fee).
The application process
In a first step, interested candidates in the program should contact the International Office at GJU (see contact information below). From there the candidates will be linked to the responsible Exchange Coordinator at the faculty of interest for further discussion.
End of November of each calendar year, GJU departments will apply for its selected candidates at the International Office, which will seek approval from the Project Office at Hochschule Magdeburg-Stendal. Once the applications are approved, the schools will be informed.
The schools then need to get an official written approval from the GJU President to invite the Fly-In professors under the above cost sharing conditions. Once the President approves then the schools can officially invite the lecturers.
Information for participants
- Flying Faculty General Information 2021, including checklist (only in German)
- Tips for the use of the German language in Flying Faculty courses 2021
- Experience report for participants
- Letter of confirmation (blank)
- travel guide to Jordan (short, in German)
- travel guide to Jordan (short, in English)
- travel guide to Jordan (long, in German)
Changes regarding the application and process of Flying Faculty for 2021
Please be aware that in 2021, we can invite 15 Flying Faculty lecturers to GJU on campus. 25 Flying Faculty participants will have to teach online. How this will be distributed will be communicated with the schools. If Flying Faculty lecturers are planning to come on campus, please do not invite them before July 2021.
For further inquiries and to send your application documents, please contact: