GJU Staff Mobility Program 2018 (Train the Trainer)
Call for Applications
Deadline: December 20th, 2017
Every year, the Hochschule Magdeburg-Stendal and the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) support a number of GJU candidates to participate in the GJU Staff Mobility Program in Germany through a competitive process.
The program provides GJU academic and administrative staff first hand working experiences at one of GJU German partner universities of applied sciences as well as within industries related to GJU’s programs of studies, and strengthens relations between GJU and its partners. It is expected that academic staff will be involved in teaching and research, and administrative staff will be involved in professional activities related to their working profile at GJU.
The program supports with an amount of 1500 EUR/month through DAAD funds. In addition, GJU covers travel expenses of up to 650 JOD, and continues the salary payment during the stay in Germany. Also, the program has now two funding lines for academic and administrative staff separately.
Funding Line A for Academic Staff supports a stay of one to three months for the purpose of:
- Teaching at one of GJU´s partner universities,
- The initiation or development of teaching and/or research co-operations in future partner faculty/universities,
- Discovering and practicing new teaching methods and techniques, in addition to familiarizing oneself with academic and self-management approaches in class,
- Participating in field related projects,
- Development of study programs with the partner universities as well as the exchange of teaching methods and curriculum contents.
Personal research projects will not be supported in the frame of the GJU staff mobility program!
Funding line B for Administrative Staff supports a stay of one month for the purpose of:
- Job Shadowing,
- Study visits,
- Participating in Seminars and Workshops.
Who can apply?
Any member of GJU academic and administrative staff who has been employed at GJU for at least two years and has a B2 level of English (or German) is eligible to apply for this program. (Relevant only for administrative staff: Language level must be certified no longer than two years ago.)
Employees who were funded last year will not be considered this year. Candidates who were accepted into the program last year but who could not go in 2017 will be given special preference this year.
How to apply?
The application needs to include the following documents and has to be submitted to the International Office. Only completed applications will be considered.
- Application Form with the signature of your Dean or supervisor,
- Letter of recommendation by your Dean or supervisor,
- Updated CV,
- Proof of English (or German) B2 level (Only for administrative staff),
- Letter of intent in English (or German), that states: What do you hope to do and learn in Germany during your stay? What are the expected benefits of your training for your department at GJU?
- Invitation letter from the German host institution (If already available).*
*If you do not have a host identified, the IO will assist you. For assistance to find a suitable host institution, academic staff may also turn to their responsible Exchange Coordinators.
Please do not contact German partners on your own – all contacts have to be made through a faculty or the International Office!
All eligible applicants will be invited for an interview with a GJU selection committee, which will nominate suitable candidates. The final decision is then made by the president of GJU and the project office at Hochschule Magdeburg-Stendal. The results will be communicated to the candidates and the respective supervisors.
GJU Staff Mobility Reports
At the end of your stay, a written report describing the activities and outcomes of your training, is expected to be submitted to GJU’s International Office. This report will be shared with your supervisor.
To get an impression about the program, we invite you to have a look at the testimonials page for the GJU Staff Mobility Program.
Disclaimer: The support granted by this program is subject to the availability of funding.
To submit your application or for further inquiries please ask: