Ergonomics is the study, design and integration of human capabilities and limitations into the workplace. The Ergonomics Lab provides undergraduate students with the tools in order to analyze and provide recommendations for improved human effectiveness and productivity in the workplace.
The following experiments are performed in the field of "Ergonomics"
- Anthropometric measurements
- Maximum voluntary lifting capacity
- Maximum voluntary muscle contraction
- The assessment of workload on the human body measured by heart rate and blood pressure
- Setting limits of lifting/ lowering activities