The council is chaired by the president and consists of the following members:
- Vices of the President.
- Three Deans.
- An academic staff member from each school or two members from each school.
- Three directors.
- Two members from the local community.
- Two student representatives.
- One University graduate.
It comprises 28 members and meets 3 times each year or more if necessary.
The university council assumes the following tasks and powers:
- Promoting the level of services provided by the university in the fields of education, scientific research, training and public service.
- Examining the annual plan of the university’s developmental projects.
- Discussing the university’s draft regulations and instructions to complete the necessary procedures regarding them.
- Approving the university’s annual budget draft and its annual closing financial accounts and financial statements.
Members of the University Council for the Academic Year 2018/2019: