German-Jordanian University aspires to become one of the region’s leading universities highly regarded for its learning and teaching excellence, focused research and enterprise, multiculturalism and effective engagement with the community.
The German-Jordanian University (GJU) is a public comprehensive university devoted to academic distinction in teaching, research, and community service. The conduct of research, scholarship, and creative activities is at the core of The University multiple missions of education, research, service, and outreach to the nation, region and beyond. GJU is committed to advancing Jordan and the region through the benefits of higher education, offering undergraduate, masters and PhD programs as well as a variety of outreach and vocational training programs. The University’s hallmark is a culture of engagement that bridges theory with practice by implementing practice-oriented teaching and applied research programs
The university is committed to the values of:
• Academic quality and relevance to market needs, technical excellence, and experiences in modern sciences and technologies
• Integrated learning, cultural diversity and multi-language skills
• Knowledge of contemporary issues and preparation for professional practice, global and societal leadership
• High ethical standards and character, including integrity, responsibility, honesty and respect for others
• Desire and skills for life-long learning for personal and professional development
• Progressive and motivating climate to foster creativity and innovation.
• Nurture high-tech research atmosphere to attract highly qualified academics with long industrial experiences;
• Provide quality and relevant education to students while emphasizing a necessity for integrating hands-on learning laboratories, soft skills, capstone projects, and field training;
• Continuously develop and update both undergraduate and graduate degree plans to meet ever-changing industrial needs and requirements;
• Develop highly technical, multilingual and multicultural professional competencies able to contribute to the global competitive market;
• Promote private sector partnerships at various levels and maintain sustainable industry linkages;
• Promote an alumni network for lifelong learning.
Strategic Directions and Priorities