Our vision includes innovative and quality in biomedical engineering applicable education and research at the German Jordanian University.
Utilizing the German dimension equipping the students with a solid biomedical engineering knowledge base, advancing the German Jordanian University through applied biomedical scientific research, and linking the university with biomedical industry by keeping up to date with current developments in the BME field in the local and international markets. In addition to serving the BME profession and the different BME related healthcare facilities through the academic advancement and skill development of BME students, as well as, technology transfer to industry and continuous workforce training in Jordan and Germany.
Our objective is to prepare graduates who are able to successfully pursue:
- Advanced studies leading to research or professional practice in Biomedical Engineering.
- Advanced studies leading to research or professional practice in the Health and Medical Sciences.
- An excellence in undergraduate education, meaningful and innovative research, and service dedicated to advancing the field of Biomedical Engineering.
- Practice in Biomedical Engineering industries or related technical and professional fields available in Jordan and at our partners in Germany.
Program Learning Outcomes:
Upon completion of this program, the student will have the following outcomes:
- The ability to apply the principles of chemistry, physics, mathematics and engineering in the development of various processes in the biomedical engineering and technology industries.
- The ability to communicate effectively through proficiency in more languages (Arabic, English, and German) and applying various communication skills.
- The ability to work in various labor markets, such as the Jordanian, German and international market.
- The ability to apply ethical and professional principles in the presented technical solutions.
- The ability to work in teams and cooperate to achieve plans and tasks.
- The ability to analyze data, draw conclusions and use present new solutions.
- The ability to learn continuously.
Biomedical Engineer can perform a variety of jobs such as:
- Research Engineer
- Device Design Engineer
- Medical Quality Assurance and Quality Control Engineer
- Marketing/Sales Engineer
- Management Engineer
- Educational Engineer
Track 1: Biomedical Instrumentation Engineering (New Track starting first 2023/2024)
Biomedical instrumentation is a subdiscipline within Biomedical Engineering. It focusses on methods and devices for performing measurements on biological systems, methods to evaluate these measurements and methods and equipment for performing various treatment to these systems. It embraces sensor technology, analog and digital electronic systems for acquisition, storage, visualization, and analysis of physiological signals (e.g., ECG, EEG, blood pressure, O2 saturation) and medical images (e.g., diagnostic ultrasound) as well as mechanical and electrical instrumentation aiding in therapies and interventions (e.g., pacemakers, hemodialysis, oxygen therapy).
Track 2: Bionic and Biomechanical Engineering (New Track starting first 2023/2024)
“Bionics” is the branch of Biomedical Engineering that brings the worlds of biology and electronics together. it includes the development of neural prostheses that address a range of sensory and neurological disorders, through artificial stimulation of neurons. In addition, Bionics Engineering studies and develops mechanical systems that accurately mimic living organisms function or parts. Biological structures, methods, and systems are applied to the design of engineering systems and modern technologies. The inspiration for bionic engineering comes from the observation that evolutionary pressures force biological organisms to adapt and develop structures and processes which possess the optimal efficiency for survival.it is an interdisciplinary field that combines engineering and life sciences.