Before applying, please thoroughly go through the GJU Staff Mobility Handout and decide if you can commit to the mentioned workshops and preparatory activities, as well as the tasks during and after the mobility.
GJU Staff Mobility Program – Application 2023
Who can apply?
Any academic and administrative staff at GJU, who has been employed at GJU for at least two years and commits to stay at GJU for at least one year after the program, can participate. In addition to that, a B2 level of English (or German) is mandatory when applying. (Relevant only for administrative staff: language level must be certified no longer than two years ago.)
All Participants have to attend mandatory preparation sessions:
- Workshop “Introduction to GJU SMP and it's processes”
- Intercultural training session
- Preparatory Session “How to make the most of my Staff Mobility”
- Individual preparation meetings
Engagement with host institutions before traveling is needed in order to develop a concrete working agenda for the Staff Mobility. Participants furthermore have to present their experiences, findings, and results in a professional report to their departments and offices as well as in a general report that will be published on IAD’s website.
Please also kindly note:
- Applicants are responsible for reasonable time management (visa application, finding accommodation and the like). Last minute cancellations due to bad time management lead to exclusion from the program in the following two years.
- Employees who were funded in 2022 will not be considered in 2023
- Applicants with German citizenship cannot be considered
- Applicants cannot combine Erasmus+ Staff Mobility and GJU SMP – Applicants who received Erasmus+ Staff Mobility Scholarship cannot apply for GJU SMP
- GJU SMP participants have to provide an invitation letter from their host institution 8 weeks prior to the planned travel date. A working schedule for the staff mobility has to be presented 4 weeks prior to the travel date.
How to apply?
The application needs to include the documents mentioned below and must be submitted to the International Affairs Department digitally via email (address, see below). If you do not have a host institution yet, please tell the International Affairs Department at GJU and they will assist you. Please do not contact partner institutions on your own – first contact must be made through a faculty or the International Affairs Department!
- Application form
- Letter of recommendation by your dean or supervisor
- Updated CV
- Proof of English or German B2 level (Only for administrative staff)
- Letter of intent in English (or German), that states:
- Why do you want to participate in the program?
- Why did you chose this host institution in Germany?
- Which value will this program have for you personally and professionally?
- How does GJU benefit from your participation?
- Invitation letter of host institution (optional)
The Deadline to submit the application is November 17th 2022. Only complete applications will be considered.
All eligible applicants will be invited for an interview with a GJU selection committee, which will nominate suitable candidates.
The committee decisions will be based on the following criteria:
- Qualification as presented in the application and in the interview
- Capability of the candidate to represent GJU accordingly
- GJU’s benefit resulting from the candidate’s mobility
The final decision is then made by the president of GJU and the Project Office at Hochschule Magdeburg-Stendal. The results will be communicated to the candidates and the respective supervisors.
For further inquiries, please ask:
Eng. Nedal Alsmarat
Program Mobility Coordinator / German Partner Acquisitor
Building F, Office F022
Tel.: +962 6 4294896 Ext: 4886
German landline: +49 391-50547440