GJU Staff Mobility Program
(formerly known as Train the Trainer)
Every year, Hochschule Magdeburg-Stendal and German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) support 20 staff members from GJU to participate in the GJU Staff Mobility Program (GJU SMP, former Train the Trainer) to Germany.
The program provides GJU academic and administrative staff first-hand working experiences at one of GJU’s German Partner Universities of Applied Sciences, as well as within industries related to GJU’s programs of studies. GJU SMP strengthens relations between GJU and its partners. It is expected that academic staff will be involved in teaching and research, and administrative staff will be involved in professional activities related to their working profile at GJU.
Duration and Purpose
For Academic Staff, the Staff Mobility Program supports a stay of three weeks during the academic semester or up to four weeks during the summer semester for the purpose of:
- Teaching at one of GJU's partner universities
- The initiation or development of teaching and/or research cooperation in future partner faculty/universities
- Discovering and practicing new teaching methods and techniques, in addition to familiarizing oneself with academic and self-management approaches in class
- Participating in field related projects
- Development of study programs with the partner universities as well as the exchange of teaching methods and curriculum contents
Please note that personal research projects will not be supported in the frame of the GJU staff mobility program!
For Administrative Staff, the Staff Mobility Program supports a stay of up to four weeks for the purpose of:
- Job Shadowing
- Study visits
- Participating in Seminars and Workshops
- Exchange about best practices for the benefit of GJUs administrative tasks
The program supports the participants with an amount of 1,500 EUR (lump sum, regardless if duration is three or four weeks) for their stay in Germany through DAAD funds. This amount should cover all visa costs, accommodation and living expenses in Germany. The GJU covers travel expenses of up to 650 JOD and continues the salary payment during the stay in Germany.
Please find information on the application process for GJU Staff Mobility Program 2023 here.
To submit your application or for further inquiries, please contact: