DAAD Covid-19 Scholarships
The German Jordanian University (GJU) is glad to announce to all GJU students A NEW BATCH of scholarships for both Bachelor’s and Master’s Programs of all majors, including NEW students who will be accepted by the academic year 2021/2022.
The German Government and the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) are granting 1,640 Corona Scholarships through the University of Applied Sciences Magdeburg-Stendal comprised of 1,250 EURO each (in total 2.050.000 Euros) to cover part of the tuition fees only.
The scholarship amount will be credited to the student’s GJU account. In case students paid less tuition fees, the scholarship amount will be reduced.
These Scholarships are designed to aid GJU students and their parents and to support them financially during the ongoing Corona Crisis.
The Scholarships are distributed as follows:
- New Students:
- 400 Scholarships - First Semester 2021/2022.
- Current Students:
- 820 Scholarships (up to 120 scholarship for international students)- Second Semester 2020/2021.
- 420 Scholarships (up to 60 scholarship for international students) - First Semester 2021/2022.
- must be a GJU Student of any nationality may not receive any other scholarship can demonstrate severe financial impact due to Covid-19 must have a high GPA compared to other students in their study program; this criterion is only relevant if a selection would have to be made from the proven cases of severe financial impact or if, after considering all of these cases, scholarships could still be awarded.
The required documents (in PDF format):
- Corona related economic impact must be proven by any of the following:
- Statement from the Social Security Corporation, in these cases:
- If any of your parents is an employee lost their job during 2020 or 2021.
- If any of your parents is an employee and has been financially affected -partially or completely- by the pandemic during 2020 or 2021.
- You can also submit a Commercial Record (سجل تجاري) of your business.
- Statement from Ministry of Industry and Trade, in the case your parents own a business that has been financially affected -partially or completely- by the pandemic during 2020 or 2021.
- International students who cannot provide a proof from the Social Security Corporation or the Ministry of Industry and Trade can provide a similar document, approved by their embassy.
- Provide a copy of the Family Book (دفتر العائلة) in all cases.
1. Tawjihi/High School Certificate (New Students).
2. Academic excellency, as proven by the GPA in comparison to other students of the same program (Screen shot from MYGJU).
1. To apply, click on the link, https://forms.office.com/r/S90GNG3Y9H
2. Login using your GJU credentials (your GJU e-mail and password).
3. Fill in the form and upload the required documents.
4. In case there are more applications than scholarships, GPA and Tawjihi are taken into consideration.
Please note these important dates:
- The application is open from 01.07.2021 until the end of 31.10.2021 at 23:59.
- Applications submitted before the end of 31.07.2021 can be considered for two semesters.
- Applications submitted after 31.07.2021 can only be considered for the First Semester 2021/2022.
Here are the Questions and Answers:
Question: I received a DAAD Covid19-Scholarship before, can I apply again?
Answer: Yes, you can. Note: Last time DAAD Covid19-Scholarships were awarded for the 2nd semester
19/20 and for the 1st semester 20/21.
Question: Is it possible to apply only based on a high GPA?
Question: I am not Jordanian. Can I apply?
Answer: Yes, of course. Please provide documents in Arabic, English, or German.
For any inquiry, please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org