The Public Relations and Marketing Department constitutes a major support for other GJU departments. Its mission revolves around managing the university’s reputation through all forms of media and communication to build, maintain and manage GJU’s profile. Besides, it promotes GJU’s vision, mission, and accomplishments.
Working closely with the Presidency and Councils’ Affairs Department, deans, directors, faculty and staff members, the department provides communication services and support which significantly contribute to maintain and advance a positive image of GJU locally, regionally, and internationally.
The department’s activities include conducting market research; brand management, advertising, internal and external publications, creative services, website and social media development, media relations, English and Arabic press releases, community relations, event arrangements, as well as speech writing and official correspondence.
The Public Relations and Marketing Department carries out the following activities:
- Elevate GJU’s standing and reputation as a global university through building strong ties with local news agencies and providing media coverage for all activities in the university to be published in official newspapers, magazines, electronic websites, GJU’s website, and social media.
- Promote faculty research and scholarship through targeted media and peer outreach campaigns to position GJU at the center of global issues and enhance its national as well as international reputation.
- Sustain educational and business connections by arranging attendance at school fairs and job expositions.
- Website and social media management including GJU’s website, Facebook page, twitter account and YouTube channel to enhance the communication links among GJU staff and students.
- Prepare written and visual communication such as publications, brochures, in addition to other marketing materials.
- Assist in organizing events and provide support to other departments and schools.
- Arrange hotel reservations for the university guests.
- Publish announcements, news and photos on GJU’s screens available in all of the university buildings.