Our vision includes innovative and quality in biomedical engineering applicable education and research at the German Jordanian University.
Utilizing the German dimension equipping the students with a solid biomedical engineering knowledge base, advancing the German Jordanian University through applied biomedical scientific research, and linking the university with biomedical industry by keeping up to date with current developments in the BME field in the local and international markets. In addition to serving the BME profession and the different BME related healthcare facilities through the academic advancement and skill development of BME students, as well as, technology transfer to industry and continuous workforce training in Jordan and Germany.
Our objective is to prepare graduates who are able to successfully pursue:
- Advanced studies leading to research or professional practice in Biomedical Engineering.
- Advanced studies leading to research or professional practice in the Health and Medical Sciences.
- An excellence in undergraduate education, meaningful and innovative research, and service dedicated to advancing the field of Biomedical Engineering.
- Practice in Biomedical Engineering industries or related technical and professional fields available in Jordan and at our partners in Germany.
Program Learning Outcomes:
Upon completion of this program, the student will have the following outcomes:
- The ability to apply the principles of chemistry, physics, mathematics and engineering in the development of various processes in the biomedical engineering and technology industries.
- The ability to communicate effectively through proficiency in more languages (Arabic, English, and German) and applying various communication skills.
- The ability to work in various labor markets, such as the Jordanian, German and international market.
- The ability to apply ethical and professional principles in the presented technical solutions.
- The ability to work in teams and cooperate to achieve plans and tasks.
- The ability to analyze data, draw conclusions and use present new solutions.
- The ability to learn continuously.
Biomedical Engineer can perform a variety of jobs such as:
- Research Engineer
- Device Design Engineer
- Medical Quality Assurance and Quality Control Engineer
- Marketing/Sales Engineer
- Management Engineer
- Educational Engineer