Civil and environmental engineers are those who help society to function. The work of civil engineers is everywhere. They are responsible for the infrastructure such as Roads, Bridges, Buildings, and facilities that provide clean water to drink, clean air to breath. The future of the civil and environmental Engineering professions requires the cooperation of multiplicity of disciplines to produce “Engineering for Sustainability” model. Therefore, we educate the students in a multidisciplinary environment to address engineering fundamentals and technologies for green buildings, new materials for smart infrastructural systems to ensure meeting the growing industry needs.
The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering conducts cutting-edge research and education in vital areas, such as:
- Structural Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Sustainable infrastructures
- Well-designed and well-operated buildings
- Water systems.
- Environmental Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Project Management
The department offers incomparable opportunities for students to experience groundbreaking local civil and environmental engineering projects through a participation in a local training for 160 hours and an internship that takes place in Germany and Extends for 20 weeks.
The Department of Civil and Environmental engineering offers two academic tracks the students can choose to follow one in the third year of study; they are:
- Civil Engineering-General Track: which includes areas of emphasis in Structural Engineering, Transportation Engineering, in addition to Geotechnical and Project Management Engineering.
- Civil Engineering-Water and Environmental Track: which includes areas of emphasis in Water and Waste Water Engineering, Environmental Engineering, in addition to Geotechnical and Project Management Engineering.
The students in each track should complete 180 credit hours, in which 72 credits hours are common department compulsory courses.All students are required to achieve 24 Credit hours in one of our German partner universities.
Staff members are fully dedicated for the education of more than 200 undergraduate students.
Dr. Raed AlSaleh
Chair, Civil and Environmental Engineering