GJU possesses a network of partner Universities for each study program. You can find them here.
The exchange coordinator at your Department will help you choose the best host university for you and will assist you while selecting the courses.
After a decision has been made and your name has been sent to the International Office along with the university you will be going to; the International Office will contact you and provide you with the necessary application forms.
Note: You should not contact the host universities on your own. The GJU International Office is here to facilitate the process for each and every student.
Further information about studying in Germany can be found here "Study In Germany".
Current Covid-19 related exceptional circumstances:
Please note that due to the ongoing global Covi-19 pandemic, students have the option of postponing their German Year, or complete the first semester of their German Year in Jordan. The eligibility for the German Year conducted in Jordan will still be dependent on the same criteria as if students were traveling to Germany.
Please also be aware that in the case of a postponement, since future seats for GY study semesters are limited in capacities, distribution will prioritize the outgoing batches that would regularly fulfill the criteria for being eligible for the German Year of the future semesters and apply for the first time.
Nomination German Year
The following terms must be achieved in order for you to be nominated for the German Year:
- Successful completion of German V or VI (Depending on your Student ID Number)
- Successful completen of two part of the German B1 exam conducted by the Goethe Institute or ÖSD (offered by the Language Generation Centre). For more information regarding the
B1/B2 regulations, kindly check E-Manual for GJU Students.
- Successful completion of the compulsory courses of your school
- A GPA of at least 60%
- Successful completion of the 160 hours of field training in Jordan (does not apply for the students of B.A. Translation and B.A. German and English for Business and Communication)
Note: Students who have not passed two parts of the Goethe B1 exam are eligible for the German year if:
- They have graduate status (only applies for the old batch)
- They can do the two missing parts of Goethe B1 at their host institution (as a pre-semester language course, for example)
Application documents (might differ for each host university):
- The host university’s application form
- The dorm application form
- The learning agreement (should be filled out with your exchange coordinator)
- 3 recent passport photos
- 3 passport copies
- A recent transcript of records issued by the registration department
- Your Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter (stating why you chose this certain University and what you expect from your stay in Germany)
- A portfolio (Architecture and Design students)
In case there are additional needed documents, you will be informed by the GJU IO.
Please see here who your responsible outgoing coordinator at the International Office is.
Note: Your host university is eligible to ask you for an extra fee of 250-600 Euros in addition to the registration fee of about 100-300 Euros per semester.
The IO will send you all necessary information on the needed documents and visa appointments via email.
It takes between one and two months to issue your visa after you hand in the documents.
Travel Health Insurance
All students should acquire travel health insurance from Jordan prior to their departure! The insurance should cover the first three months in Germany.
A list of insurance companies in Jordan, which offer these services, is available here.
Alternatively, members of the Fintiba Plus package will have a free travel insurance set up with their blocked account.
German Health Insurance (DAK)
Every student at a German university must have a governmental health insurance. The student can do the insurance through Fintiba (DAK). The Insurance fees are around 93 Euro per month.
Liability Insurance („Haftpflichtversicherung“)
The liability insurance is not yet mandatory for GJU students, however we strongly advise you to get such an insurance right after your arrival in Germany. It will protect you against costs caused by accidental incidents.
Fees for the liability insurance are about 100 EURO per year.
Please see our Staff Directory for contact details of our outgoing coordinators.