About the M.Sc. in Enterprise Systems Engineering Program
Enterprise Systems Engineering (ESE) is a multidisciplinary approach combining systems engineering and strategic management to address methods and approaches for aligning system architectures with enterprise business rules and the underlying IT architecture. Development and implementation are consistent with enterprise strategic objectives, and enterprise system capabilities with the diverse complex subsystems.
This program is designed to use the systems engineering life cycle as a framework for linking outcome-based engineering analysis and decision making with enterprise strategic objectives, addressing methods and tools for managing complexity, determining measures of effectiveness, and assessing return on investments from an engineering perspective.
The ESE master’s program is funded by the MSC.ESE TEMPUS joint project, aiming at designing a comprehensive and unique curriculum. A study has been conducted by Princess Sumaya University for Technology (PSUT) and the German Jordanian University (GJU), as partners in the MSC ESE project, to investigate the needs for graduates in the field of ESE in Jordan.
The curriculum of the program has been designed in accordance with the results of the conducted study and covers four main fundamentals in the field of ESE: Common Knowledge, Development, Operation, and Application. This conforms with the mission and vision of both universities in developing and offering quality education. As a result, the justifications of offering the Master’s degree in ESE can be summarized as follows:
- The number of engineering and Information Technology graduates in Jordan are relatively high. However, such graduates do not have direct knowledge of the business environment due to a shortage of academic courses that are related to business enterprises. As a result, they lack the ability to link technology and information systems with business processes and strategic objectives of organizations. The ESE Master’s degree program aims at developing the knowledge and skills of engineering graduates in the field of enterprise systems technologies, decision-making, and business problem solving.
- The aim of this program is producing qualified well trained graduates in practical and theoretical knowledge of ESE and equipping them with excellent managerial skills in the design, planning, analysis and management of enterprises systems. Such knowledge and skills will contribute to the adaptation of IT in solving problems related to business processes and enhance their efficiency.
- The ESE master’s program and course syllabi constitute a unique curriculum since they have been developed in the context of the MSC.ESE TEMPUS joint project. The curriculum and course syllabi have been prepared in conjunction with the project’s partners universities in Europe and the Middle East, and under the supervision of Oldenburg University in Germany.
- The ESE master’s program is a multidisciplinary degree program which combines Engineering, IT, IS as well as management and business processes. Therefore, it requires the participation of faculties from these disciplines and from both universities (PSUT and GJU) in the teaching process. That will lead to the diversity of teaching methods and exchange of research ideas, thus stimulating joint scientific research.
- The Master’s in ESE degree, as the first joint program between two Jordanian universities (PSUT and GJU), will provide students with the opportunity to benefit from the research and laboratory facilities in both universities. Furthermore, it will offer the advantage of increasing intellectual diversity in the delivery of course material and potentially enrich scientific research in both universities.
ESE master's program is a joint program with Princess Sumaya University for Technology (PSUT), for further information please visit https://psut.edu.jo/content/graduate-studies-programs