The German-Jordanian University aspires to become one of the region’s leading universities and to be highly regarded for its learning and teaching excellence, focused research and enterprise, multiculturalism, and effective engagement with the community.
The German-Jordanian University (GJU) is a public, comprehensive university devoted to academic distinction in teaching, research, and community service. The conduct of research, scholarship, and creative activities is at the core of The University, including multiple missions of education, research, service, and outreach to the nation, the region, and beyond. GJU is committed to advancing Jordan and the region through the benefits of higher education, offering undergraduate, master's, and Ph.D. programs as well as a variety of outreach and vocational training programs.
The University’s hallmark is a culture of engagement that bridges theory with practice by implementing practice-oriented teaching and applied for research programs.
Core values the university is committed to the values of:
- Academic quality and relevance to market needs, as well as technical excellence and experience in modern sciences and technologies
- Integrated learning, cultural diversity, and linguistic skills in multiple languages
- Knowledge of contemporary issues and preparation for professional practice, global and societal leadership
- High ethical standards and character, including integrity, responsibility, honesty, and respect for others
- Desire and skills for life-long learning for personal and professional development
- Progressive and motivating climate to foster creativity and innovation
- Nurture a high-tech research atmosphere to attract highly qualified academics with long industrial experiences
- Provide quality and relevant education to students while emphasizing THE necessity for integrating hands-on learning, laboratories, soft skills, capstone projects, and field training
- Continuously develop and update both undergraduate and graduate degree plans to meet ever-changing industrial needs and requirements
- Develop highly technical, multilingual and multicultural professional competencies able to contribute to the global competitive market
- Promote private sector partnerships at various levels and maintain sustainable industry links
- Promote an alumni network for lifelong learning.