1- What should I do when I find an internship?

Directly after the student receives the internship confirmation, company details and internship contract, he/she must send it to the Exchange Coordinator at GJU (cc Office for Industrial Links) to get the approval.


2- If I want to do my Graduation Project in Germany, what are the procedures and regulations?

Go back to the Graduation Project at the Home Page, School of Applied Medical Sciences.


3- What papers should I submit for the German year at SAMS?

  • Learning Agreement
  • B1 certificate
  • Field Training
  • Cancellation Rules


4- What are the pre-requisite courses that should I pass before leaving to Germany?

PCE Students

  • Chemical Reaction Engineering.
  • Pharmaceutical Technology –Solid/Liquid Forms.
  • Transport Phenomena
  • Analytical Chemistry

BME Students:

  • Biomechanics and Rehabilitation I
  • Biomedical Sensors and Transducers
  • Biomaterials
  • Medical Instrumentation I


5- What should I do when I cannot find an Internship?

Contact the office of Industrial Links.


6- What should I do when I finish my study semester, when can I prepare my Equivalency?

  • The international office at your host university send the transcript of records to the international officer at GJU.
  • The exchange officer will prepare the equivalency form as soon as he/she receive the transcript of record from the International office at GJU.


7- If I finish 3 out of 4 required Courses, can I travel to Germany?

You should write a petition to the Dean of the School.


8- How many hours should I pass before leaving to Germany?

The total amount of my passed credit hours (excluding German Levels I to VI) at GJU is – 90- credit hours or higher for all engineering majors, -108- Credit hours with German levels.


9- What happens if I did not follow the required regulations (Cancellation rules) and left to Germany?

Your German year will be cancelled, even if you reach Germany.


10- What happens if I failed a course in Germany, can I retake the exam next semester?

Yes, you can but you are NOT allowed to take a new course in the second semester.


11- If I filled the application form of the German year, when is the deadline to cancel my German Year?

You should contact the International Office to get a sufficient answer.


12- What papers should I submit when I reach Germany?

Once you have decided what you want to take in Germany you need to edit the learning agreement (second page change to original Learning agreement) and send it back to the Exchange Coordinator of the School of Applied Medical Sciences and cc the International Office. The Exchange officer will prepare a Pre-equivalency for you and send it back immediately after the approval of the exchange coordinator.