Call for Proposals/ Papers, OSSCOM 2015, 1st International Conference on Open Source Software Computing
10 - 13 September 2015, German Jordanian University Campus, Madaba - Jordan. Partially funded by EC - Tempus and technically sponsored by IEEE, Website
To promote opportunities for cooperation towards enabling OSS key technologies, building cross-cutting sciences, and driving disruptive innovations; to disseminate research on technology and applications of open source software computing; and to expand the framework of effective participation of universities in developing OSS industry through incubators and business accelerators.
German Jordanian University Campus, Madaba - Jordan
Topics of Interest
Track 1: Systems Software
- Operating systems: Linux Kernel, Server and Desktop Linux: RedHat, Debian, Slackware, Caldera, SuSe, Fedora.
- Distributed Operating systems: Open source platforms and software for the cloud platform as a service (PaaS), software as a service (SaaS), and infrastructure as a service (IaaS).
- Embedded and Realtime Operating systems: Microkernel, uC/OS, VxWorks, pSOS, OSEK, iRMX, QNX, RTLinux.
- Ubiquitous mobile computing and technologies: middleware, operating system (e.g. Android), new I/O and user interfaces, mobile protocols.
Track 2: Applications and services
- Open-source software services and applications in energy, environment, education, health, climate, water, agriculture, biology, economy, medicine and other pressing global issues and problems.
- Open-source software for e-Services, including e-Government, e-Libraries, e-Learning and any e-*.
- Open-source software for Smart Education, Smart Cities, Smart Power Grids, Smart Transportation.
- Open Source applications for mobile and tablets.
Track 3: Networking, and security
- Open source network simulation/emulations tools.
- Open source platforms for network security deployment, testing and verification.
- Network and security open source management software.
Track 4: Open Source Development and Support
- Perspectives on open-source software development and services, including challenges, operation, sustainability, funding, governance, business models, and security.
- National, regional and international organizations and their role in funding and supporting open-source software applications in research and education.
- Collaborative projects and initiatives in research and education at national, regional and global levels.
- Research and education challenges and open access paradigm.
- Business models for open-source software development and services.
All papers will be peer-reviewed and selected papers will be published in the conference proceedings and made available through IEEE Explorer.
- 15th June, 2015 Submission Deadline (Papers, Posters and Presentations)
- 30th June, 2015 Acceptance Notification
- 15th August, 2015 Registration Deadline
- 10th – 13th September, 2015 OSSCOM 2015 Conference
- OSSCOM members 50 Euro
- OSSCOM non-members 100 Euro
For more information and paper submission, please contact
- Dr. Mwaffaq Otoom, email@example.com
Proposals, Presentations and Program:
- Dr. Mohammad Aldaoud, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Sahel Alouneh, email@example.com
- Dr. Ismail Hababeh, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Ala Khalifeh, email@example.com
- Dr. Muhannad Quwaider (chair), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Yaser Jararweh (co-chair), email@example.com
- Dr. Yasser Rajjal, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr. Ramez Quneibi, email@example.com
- Ms. Ikram Al Naji, firstname.lastname@example.org
All information is available at: http://osscom2015.osscom.org